I am a licensed, board certified forensic clinical psychologist with over 20 years of experience providing case evaluation and consultation in juvenile, criminal, civil, and capital cases worldwide.
Specialized training in the fields of psychology and law equips me with reliable, research-based evaluation methods that meet rigorous legal standards. I approach each case with diligence and integrity, communicating with my clients at all stages of the process. Having practiced in a variety of environments, from the inner-city of Chicago to rural Massachusetts, I know how to establish rapport with people from all walks of life. Equally comfortable preparing a report or giving testimony in court, I explain my findings in a clear, concise and credible way.
In addition to my work as a practitioner, I enjoy helping others navigate the complex intersection of psychology and law. I consult and present to child welfare, criminal justice, and juvenile justice agencies; play a leadership role in professional organizations; write reviews of research; and publish in peer-reviewed journals. These efforts allow me to contribute to the field while staying abreast of new developments.
I invite you to learn more about my qualifications and how I work with clients. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION AND EVALUATION
- False or disputed confessions
- Competency to waive Miranda rights
- Competency or fitness to stand trial
- Insanity and diminished capacity
- Interrogative suggestibility
- Sentencing and mitigation
- Capital litigation
- Emotional damages
- Juvenile transfer to or from adult court
- Extended juvenile jurisdiction
- Preparing witnesses
- Reviewing and analyzing mental health documents
- Evaluations consistent with Miller v. Alabama and Montgomery v. Louisiana.